grewV Caesar Salad
- 1 cup parmesan petals (shaved parmesan)
- 3 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (Maille Dijon is the best)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's Real)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon grewV Signature Blend (add more for a bolder flavour)
- 2 cups grewV Croutons (see recipe)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mayonnaise, Parmigiano-Reggiano, grewV Signature Seasoning, and whisk until well combined. Taste, and if needed, add more grewV Signature Seasoning to achieve the desired flavour.
- In a large bowl, break romaine lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Mix in desired amount of dressing and top with parmesan petals and grewV croutons.
- Leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for approximately 1 week.
- 4, 1-inch thick slices of ciabatta or other Italian bread (you can also leftover hamburger buns cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grewV Signature Fine Blend
Preheat oven to 350°F or use an Air Fryer set to 350°F.
Cut bread into 1-inch chunks.
Place bread chunks on an un-greased baking sheet.
Brush avocado oil over bread chunks.
Sprinkle grewV Signature Fine Blend over oiled bread chunks (sprinkle more spice for a bolder flavour).
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or Air Fry for 15 minutes or longer, until they are completely dry, turning once or twice.
Once they reach a toasted golden-brown state, set aside to cool. Store in an airtight container or bag. Should keep for 2 weeks.
grewV Greek Salad
- 3-5 Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeds removed
- 1 English cucumber, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 pound feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of grewV Greek Blend (add more for a bolder flavour)
- 1 tablespoon grewV Signature Blend
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the dressing: using a processor or wire whisk, mix the olive oil with lemon juice, grewV Greek and grewV Signature seasonings, red wine vinegar, and sugar until smooth (add in more lemon juice if needed). Chill in fridge for a couple of hours to blend flavours.
grewV Grilled Mixed Vegetables
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell pepper
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 3 zucchinis
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup olive oil
- Sprinkle of grewV Signature seasoning (light sprinkle for a subtle flavour; heavy for a bolder flavour)
Cut vegetables into bit size pieces.
Drizzle oil on vegetables and make sure everything is covered.
Liberally sprinkle grewV Signature Blend and mix in.
Place on a baking sheet, cover with foil, and place on grill for about 8-10 minutes on medium-high heat (optional oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until warm).
grewV Jamaican Jerk
- 6 scallions, (greens only) thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons of grewV Jamaican Jerk Blend (add more, depending on how hot you want it)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Your choice of meat
Combine scallion greens, shallots and grewV Jamaican Jerk Blend.
In a separate bowl, whisk in orange juice, red wine vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce and dark brown sugar, then slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly.
Add the reserved scallion mixture; stir to combine. Let rest at least one hour.
Wash chicken, pork, or fish, pat dry and place in a bowl. Add sauce; rub in well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serve with rice and or grewV Grilled Mixed Vegetables.
grewV Ribeye Steak
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Ribeye steak (or your choice of steak)
- 1 tablespoon of grewV Signature Blend (light sprinkle for a subtle flavour; heavy for a bolder flavour)
Rub the olive oil on the Ribeye and then cover with grewV Signature Blend. Place steak in a sealable bag or food sealer vacuum pack and leave in the fridge overnight. Cure for a longer period of time if you want a more intense flavour.
To cook, wrap and seal the steak in foil and cook at a low temperature of 200°F or 93°C until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 125°F or 52°C.
Drain and save any juices (for making gravy or as an au jus) and remove from the foil. Sear both sides on a very hot griddle or BBQ to the desired finishing temperature.
Ribeye is a favourite choice for grilling, but leaner cuts work with this marinade, too. Think of top sirloin, top loin, flank and top blade steaks, or prime rib.
grewV Roasted Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 8 large tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of grewV Signature Fine Blend
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup grewV Croutons (optional)
To roast peppers: cut into quarters, remove seed and veins. Rub oil on peppers and place under the broiler or air fryer, until blackened, turn to get all sides. Chop peppers. Set aside one chopped pepper. Heat olive oil over moderate heat. Add onion and cook until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, bell peppers (except reserved pepper), grewV Signature Fine Blend. Cook over medium-low heat until all the tomato juices have evaporated, about 25 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Strain soup, reserving broth. Place solids in food processor or blender, and process until fairly smooth.
Add puree back into broth.
Melt 1/8 teaspoon of butter and stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute. Stirring slowly, add the broth/vegetable mixture. Add reserved chopped pepper and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and add (optional) 1 tablespoon of sour cream or Greek yogurt to each bowl.
grewV Thai Curry
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 can (540g) bamboo shoots
- 1-2 (200 mL) cans of unsweetened coconut milk (not lite)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small can of pineapple tidbits (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 bunch green onions (only use the greens;
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar cut bunch in half and slice thinly)
- 3 tablespoons grewV Thai Curry Blend (add more for a bolder flavour)
Heat the fish sauce in a large wok. Add the thicker cream (at the top of the can of coconut milk when you open it) to the wok and whisk in the grewV Thai Curry Blend.
Add the rest of the coconut milk and whisk in the water and brown sugar.
Add the bamboo shoots and the red and green bell peppers and mix together.
Bring to a slow boil for approximately 7 minutes.
Add the chicken and optional pineapple (just the tidbits, no pineapple juice) and cook for about 7-9 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
Serve over Jasmine rice and sprinkle with green onions.